Tuesday, April 3, 2012

And now we started with Tulla. I needed to know, how long ago when the keel bolts were change or were they the ones that had been in Tulla from day one... everyone i asked, know one knew... so I have a 18000 sq shop in Hayward Ca. with a full machine shop, welding shop, and 3 guys with nothing to do! (we were waiting for materials to come in from Finland, 5 weeks before we see anything!) So i did find a jet boat with trailer 21ft long for $500 bucks on Craigslist, that works for me... Sold the jet boat for $200 and now i have a Folkboat trailer!

I couldn't see a nut, just a rusty clump of a nut!






So on 1-28-2012 we sail Tulla over to Alameda Ca. to be hauled out and we put Tulla on the trailer to take to my shop.



set her on so we can weld the pads in place...






Yank the stick, set her on top, and go!

Pulled up the mast and we are ready to go... no lights, no brakes... what the hell... just go!
I didn't drive on the freeway because it was 3:00pm, commute time... so i drove the back roads to my shop 30 miles away going real slow... and we made it!


No comments:

Post a Comment